The machine consists of a Comau robot arm controlled by Sinumerik Run MyRobot /Direct Control and equipped with a single milling spindle to achieve excellent precision on complex 3D surfaces. Siemens Sinumerik is used to directly control the Comau robot arm, without the need for a robot controller, enabling increased robot and positioning accuracy while travelling along a path.
Collaboration between Robotics Benelux, Comau’s a official distributor in the Benelux market area, and its System Integrator CEAD Group has brought to life an advanced 3D printing and milling machine for manufacturing large fiber-reinforced polymer parts for F1 car components. The high on-road performance of F1 cars comes also from their aerodynamic design. The perfect shapes of their bodies are the result of high-precision mechanical processes.
- HW reduction increases MTBF.
- The elimination of an additional robot controller produces benefits for spare-part inventory and reduces the space needed for electrical equipment.
- The full range of CNC functionalities is available to the robot, which ensures optimized path control
- Cost-effective monitoring of fault states and integration of in-house service and maintenance processes.
- Robot-specific programming know-how is not required.
- Easy synchronization of processes between machine tools and robots.
- Simple optimization of work processes on machine tools.
CEAD is your partner for implementing 3D printing and part milling in production process. CEAD enters into long-term partnerships with its customers and assists them by building a business case and assessing the technical feasibility of the project. CEAD also investigates important aspects such as design, the required materials needed for the applications and the print strategy. Tests and prints are included in these Proof of Concept projects. The appropriate hardware solution, derived from the results of the project, ensures the opportunity to leverage the technology to its full potential.